Community Emergency Response Team or CERT is a community based non-profit and public beneficiary organisation based in Centurion,CERT’s sole purpose is to serve the community. We provide lifesaving emergency services to the community and render Emergency Medical, Firefighting and Rescue support services to all existing Emergency services. Our services are provided at no cost,and are not limited in any way by factors such as financial status or discriminative towards any person or living creature.
CERT was founded in 2014 by Ruan Heyns, Herman De Vries and George Deysel. We share one common interest and that is to save lives and serve our community in any way possible. We are passionate about people and love the emergency services profession. Our dream is to build a unique organization that can become self-sustainable and grow to become a well-known brand, associated with community service and with saving lives.
Aims & Objectives
Our objective is to create a long-standing and good relationship with the community, existing emergency services and companies in our area. CERT will aid in improving the service provided by the various emergency departments and sense of security and safety within the community as a whole. Many aspects of community safety and security will receive attention and be optimized for the maximum benefit to the community. Factors that play a large role in improving the services delivery within the community include:
- Fast effective emergency services activation: improve the publics access to emergency services, reduce emergency services response times. Saving time is saving lives. GOLDEN HOUR
- Educating and Training the community: improve the effectiveness of fast emergency care by training community members in life-saving first responder courses and educating our communities in the steps to take in case of an emergency. Also to improve the general situational awareness of the public and their knowledge of the responsibilities of the emergency service departments and its role in the community.
- Scholarship program and career development: Recruit new candidates from schools and other walks of life, to become the future Paramedics, firefighters, and Rescuers in our communities. By means of Scholarship programs and training courses, empower the scholar to learn and become a life-saver in his or her community, especially those that are previously disadvantaged and poor.
- Community faith in our emergency services: Reunite and build stronger relationships between the community and the emergency services as a whole, by uplifting the general morale and reinstating the communities faith in our emergency services.
- High operating standards and professionalism: Set a high-quality standard in the industry by having discipline and always being professional and not allowing politics among services to influence the standard of service rendered. By working together with all the different services and leading by example we will help other personnel to once again be proud of what they do and do it for the right reasons.
Community Emergency Response Team is committed to:
- Providing high quality and professional emergency medical, fire, rescue and other support services to communities.
- Ensuring our staff and volunteers are well trained, accredited, well presented and physically fit to perform their duties and operate optimally in any emergency situation.
- Providing specialised services and intervention to industries and environments were specialised equipment and skill sets are required.
- Offer fast effective emergency support and intervention during any type of emergency situation to all communities in and around our geographical services area and broader areas when required.
- Providing specialised support service to the Police, Metro Police, Fire Department, EMS and all privately owned EMS and security companies and acting as a force multiplier during all kinds of emergency situations Medical, Fire, Rescue and Tactical.
- Build a sustainable community upliftment program that develops our youth, educates underprivileged communities and actively partaking in the general growth and well being of our communities.
- Providing emergency care to animals, protecting and saving, animals in distress and educating our communities and youth about how to take care of their pets.
- Reaching out to youth in schools and identifying young people with an interest in career paths in the emergency services and helping them develop and offering scholarship programs.
Registrations & Compliance
Community Emergency Response Team is registered as a Non-Profit organizations (NPO 171-507) at the Department of Social Development and is also registered as a Public Beneficiary Organization (PBO 930053425) at South African Revenue Service (SARS) and have been approved and awarded our Section 18A status in terms of the SARS income tax Act 58 of 1962.